HOW TO… Politika Cursusdienst (FAQ)
Do I need to reserve coursebooks before coming to buy them in the cursusdienst?
- Yes, we cannot sell courses without you making a reservation. This enables us to keep a good inventory and order courses in time.
How do I access my account on the cudi site?
- Step 1: Search for 'Politika Cursusdienst' or surf to politika.cursusdienst.org .
- Step 2: Press 'bestel je boeken'.
- Step 3: Click on 'aanmelden'.
- Step 5: Log in via Toledo.
- Step 6: Fill in your details (this step only appears if this is the first time you register on our site).
- Step 7: Choose your study program and press 'schrijf in', then click 'kies je vakken'.
- Step 8: Indicate all the courses you will be taking in this academic year (this can be changed later, no worries 😉). Now you can reserve courses! You should be able to reserve all the courses we offer (we do not offer a coursebook for every course, but we do for a lot of them 😊) via the website.
How do I book my courses?
- Step 1: Click on the head above in the right corner and then on 'my bookings' and then on 'book textbooks'.
- Step 2: Click on the plus sign next to the course(s) you want to book.
- Step 3: Scroll down and press 'book'. To check whether you have succeeded, go back to 'my bookings' where you should see a list of the courses you have booked.
When can you pick up your courses?
- In your reservations you can check whether your course has been assignedor not under 'status'. The courses that have been assigned can be picked up. Please note that if you make a reservation for a course you have to pick it up within 2 weeks, after which the reservation will be cancelled.
Where do I get my membership card?
- Membership cards and (cantus) codexes can be bought in the secri (room next to the cursusdienst). Courses (including the codexes for the law course) can be bought in the cursusdienst.
Where can I find the Politika classrooms?
- The secri is in AV91.04 and the cursusdienst in AV91.07. You can reach them by going to Pangaea and following the arrows to our cursusdienst.
What kind of books do you sell?
- We sell readers, course texts, manuals, codexes and dictionaries for courses at the Faculty of Social Sciences. The courses you buy from us are certainly not always just a set of files that you will find on Toledo, in most cases they are exclusive courses that are included in the study material of your course. Some manuals are not published through us but through Acco. For more (specific) information per study program, it is best to consult the ECTS-files of your courses. If these are not clear, you can always send an e-mail to or message us via Facebook.
What does 'being a member of Politika' mean?
- When you register, you will be asked to be a member of Politika, this is purely about purchasing a membership card. This does not mean that you immediately join the studentkring and get a fancy green jumper! (So if you really do want to join the kring, speak to a member and they will be happy to explain how this works to you 😉). Buying a membership card is not compulsory, but you can benefit from it. A membership card costs €8 per year and €4 for semester 2. With a membership card you get a discount on your coursebooks, cantussen, TD's and other super fun Politika-events. You can buy the membership card in secri.